From: Jorge Almeida <jalmeida@××××××××××××.pt>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] java nightmare
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 21:06:51
1 java hates me.
2
3 root@jmaa ~ $ revdep-rebuild -p
4
5 Checking reverse dependencies...
6 Packages containing binaries and libraries broken by any package update,
7 will be recompiled.
8
9 Collecting system binaries and libraries... done.
10 (/root/.revdep-rebuild.1_files)
11
12 Collecting complete LD_LIBRARY_PATH... done.
13 (/root/.revdep-rebuild.2_ldpath)
14
15 Checking dynamic linking consistency...
16 broken /opt/blackdown-jdk-1.4.2.02/jre/lib/i386/libjsoundalsa.so
17 (requires libasound.so.2)
18 done.
19 (/root/.revdep-rebuild.3_rebuild)
20
21 Assigning files to ebuilds... done.
22 (/root/.revdep-rebuild.4_ebuilds)
23
24 Evaluating package order... done.
25 (/root/.revdep-rebuild.5_order)
26
27 All prepared. Starting rebuild...
28 emerge --oneshot --nodeps -p
29 =dev-java/blackdown-jdk-1.4.2.02
30
31 These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
32
33 Calculating dependencies ...done!
34 [ebuild R ] dev-java/blackdown-jdk-1.4.2.02
35 Now you can remove -p (or --pretend) from arguments and
36 re-run revdep-rebuild.
37
38 I already reemerged dev-java/blackdown-jdk, which is the only java
39 installed, and didn't forget to env-update and source /etc/profile.
40 Running revdep-rebuild is useless, as a second revdep-rebuild -p will
41 still give the same error message.
42
43 And why should something named
44 /opt/blackdown-jdk-1.4.2.02/jre/lib/i386/libjsoundalsa.so exist? I don't
45 have the "alsa" USE flag set, for the excelent reason that this is an
46 office workstation with no sound equipment whatsoever.
47 Could it be that somehow the ebuild is ignoring this point?
48 I unset "browserplugin" before emerging, just in case this was pulling
49 sound support. Still, "mozilla" was set; the emerge says that the former
50 USE variable is the latter renamed...
51
52 What to do? Can I safely ignore the revdep-rebuild messages?
53 --
54 Jorge Almeida
55 --
56 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list