From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: grub chainloader
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 14:31:10
1 On 18 Jul 2007, at 13:35, Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:
2 > ...
3 > You can get everything at once and in the same place using the online
4 > docs:
5 >
6 > http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/grub.html
7
8 This manual is very excellent.
9
10 I believe you can also get it in PDF format - I printed it out over 3
11 years ago and still occasionally refer to it. How I miss my former
12 employers' printer which would fold & stable paper to give A4 & A5
13 booklets.
14
15 The GRUB manual is as good as lots of books you'd pay $$$ for.
16
17 >> And they are also written with the assumption that the reader
18 >> understands the confines a boot loader has to work in.
19
20 I don't know. I think the overview is pretty clear <http://
21 www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/grub.html#Overview>, and leads into
22 the remainder of the documentation quite well.
23
24 Stroller.
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list