From: Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] move to xfce and forget kde and gnome
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 19:56:13
1 On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 11:50, András Csányi <sayusi.ando@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > 2011/8/19 Space Cake <spacecakex@×××××.com>:
4 > >
5 > > my question is what is the easiest way to get rid of kde/gnome stuff? is
6 > > this enough to change my useflags to -kde and -gnome? Is there any list
7 > > what I can safely unmerge in this case?
8 >
9 > I think we agree. Nowadays I use xfce because KDE is hungry and makes
10 > my system slower. But there is a few application (amarok - big
11 > bloatware but I like the amarok services, umbrello, krusader, kile,
12 > etc) which is needed and I always have a full KDE install beside xfce.
13 > What is your strategy? You will not use any KDE related application or
14 > if something is needed you will install it separately?
17 Totally agree. I am a XFCE user, but I just love K3B, and it needs kdelibs.
18 I don't like KDE or Gnome, but I can live with compiling some of their
19 libs...
20 --
21 Daniel da Veiga