From: Chandler Paul <thatslyude@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Issues with direct inclusion of glib.h from portage on netbook
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 04:30:14
1 On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 12:05:52 +0200
2 Peter Alfredsen <peter.alfredsen@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 12:34 AM, Chandler Paul
5 > <thatslyude@×××××.com> wrote:
6 > > Recently, I have had issues with emerging certain packages on my
7 > > netbook, specifically x11-themes/gtk-engines-murrine and
8 > > gpe-base/libgpewidget. However, they emerge just fine on my
9 > > desktop. My netbook and desktop are both x86_64/amd64 (yes, some
10 > > Intel Atom's can do amd64, my netbook has one of them). The error
11 > > always seems to be a direct inclusion of glib.h that shouldn't be
12 > > there. I can fix it by patching it in a local overlay, but I don't
13 > > know why I should be having these issues in the first place if my
14 > > desktop can emerge the packages just fine. Does anyone know what's
15 > > going on?
16 >
17 > Your logs were TL;DR, but the relevant information may not even be
18 > there, namely:
19 > What is the version of dev-libs/glib on both machines?
20 >
21 > The "blah blah include glib.h directly" error comes from having
22 > unstable dev-libs/glib (>=2.31) on stable gentoo.
23 >
24 > /Peter
27 Looks like you were right, I have a newer version of glib on this machine. I'm not exactly sure how that managed to happen, I must have unmasked it somewhere by accident. Thank you!