From: Peter Alfredsen <peter.alfredsen@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Issues with direct inclusion of glib.h from portage on netbook
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 10:07:28
1 On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 12:34 AM, Chandler Paul <thatslyude@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Recently, I have had issues with emerging certain packages on my netbook, specifically x11-themes/gtk-engines-murrine and gpe-base/libgpewidget. However, they emerge just fine on my desktop. My netbook and desktop are both x86_64/amd64 (yes, some Intel Atom's can do amd64, my netbook has one of them). The error always seems to be a direct inclusion of glib.h that shouldn't be there. I can fix it by patching it in a local overlay, but I don't know why I should be having these issues in the first place if my desktop can emerge the packages just fine. Does anyone know what's going on?
3
4 Your logs were TL;DR, but the relevant information may not even be
5 there, namely:
6 What is the version of dev-libs/glib on both machines?
7
8 The "blah blah include glib.h directly" error comes from having
9 unstable dev-libs/glib (>=2.31) on stable gentoo.
10
11 /Peter