From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Canonical place to list modules to load
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 19:38:17
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 13:29:41 -0500, Dale wrote:
5 >> After the corg-server update, I'm dreading that upgrade. I'm still on
6 >> the old xorg. The baselayout if not done carefully could leave a person
7 >> with a broke OS.
10 > Unlikely, as long as you run etc-update or equivalent. The ebuild takes
11 > care of migrating several config files, you only need to follow the steps
12 > in the migration guide referred to in the elog messages.
17 I did that with the xorg upgrade, followed the guide. I still can't get
18 it to work. I'm on the old xorg now. That's why I dread some of these
19 upgrades. Broke OS or broke X bothers me.
20
21 Dale
22