From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: acct-group packages ??
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2019 07:21:26
1 On Sun, 4 Aug 2019 09:59:06 -0700, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2
3 > I see, I got caught (again) by the favorite gentoo sleight of hand of
4 > updating a package and not bumping its version. In my case, eudev.
5
6 I've not checked lately, but policy was that if an ebuild change did not
7 result in differences in the installed files, there was no need for a
8 version bump. This avoids needless recompiling of packages.
12 Neil Bothwick
13
14 Don't put all your hypes in one home page.