From: Nick Khamis <symack@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Updating our live servers. I'm scared!
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 18:27:54
1 Yeah these guys seem to think that our servers MUST run on the
2 hardened profile...
3
4 On 3/28/13, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > Nick Khamis wrote:
6 >> Hahahah udev hell!! I did go through that updating from 2.6 to 3.4.
7 >> That was quite an experience!!!! But for kernel 3.* has udev not been
8 >> phased out in our gentoo boxes? Will have to double check when I get
9 >> back behind a console.
10 >>
11 >> N.
14 > Just a thought. Have you thought about switching to eudev? That would
15 > solve some udev issues. Since you are running a hardened profile and
16 > servers, may not be a option tho.
17 >
18 > Dale
19 >
21 >
22 > --
23 > I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
24 > you interpreted my words!