From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] www-plugins/adobe-flash-10.1.53.64 won't play in FF & Konqueror
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 18:04:05
1 On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 12:03 PM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 22 June 2010 17:16, Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 11:13 AM, Paul Hartman
4 >> <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >>> On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 10:54 AM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >>>> but will play in Opera.
7 >>>>
8 >>>> Have you noticed the same and is there a fix (other than emerging
9 >>>> firefox-bin as the enotice is telling me?
10 >>>
11 >>> Are you using 64-bit or 32-bit? If 64, you need to emerge
12 >>> nspluginwrapper & set up the flash player plugin (if it doesn't do it
13 >>> automatically as part of the emerge)
14 >>
15 >> And I will add that I believe the reason Opera works is because it
16 >> ships with its own plug-in wrapper.
17 >
18 > Hmm I remerged nspluginwrapper and FF plays flash fine now, but
19 > Konqueror will still complain about missing plugin. :-(
20 >
21 > "Cannot play media.You do not have the correct version of the flash
22 > player. Download the correct version"
23 >
24 > I went into settings and clicked on Scan for new Plugins, but no
25 > success. Can you play this link with Konq?
26 >
27 > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/politics/10371590.stm
28
29 I'm not a Konqueror user and I'm not at home now so I can't try it,
30 but it looks like you might need an additional package for Konqueror:
31 kde-base/nsplugins