From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] www-plugins/adobe-flash-10.1.53.64 won't play in FF & Konqueror
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 17:09:04
1 On 22 June 2010 17:16, Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 11:13 AM, Paul Hartman
3 > <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >> On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 10:54 AM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >>> but will play in Opera.
6 >>>
7 >>> Have you noticed the same and is there a fix (other than emerging
8 >>> firefox-bin as the enotice is telling me?
9 >>
10 >> Are you using 64-bit or 32-bit? If 64, you need to emerge
11 >> nspluginwrapper & set up the flash player plugin (if it doesn't do it
12 >> automatically as part of the emerge)
13 >
14 > And I will add that I believe the reason Opera works is because it
15 > ships with its own plug-in wrapper.
16
17 Hmm I remerged nspluginwrapper and FF plays flash fine now, but
18 Konqueror will still complain about missing plugin. :-(
19
20 "Cannot play media.You do not have the correct version of the flash
21 player. Download the correct version"
22
23 I went into settings and clicked on Scan for new Plugins, but no
24 success. Can you play this link with Konq?
25
26 http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/politics/10371590.stm
27 --
28 Regards,