From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Graphical usenet client - alternative to Knode
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 23:14:13
1 On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 22:32:54 +0000 (UTC), Grant Edwards wrote:
2
3 > > And that all my mail is accessible from the same place,
4 > > including mails I'd never put on a server owned by someone
5 > > else.
6 >
7 > I guess I just have no interest in keeping archives of 50
8 > newsgroups/mailing-lists on a handful of different machines.
9
10 Nor me, that's why it's all on one server.
11
12 > Any "servers" I set up would be a lot less reliable and
13 > accessible than those at either Gmane or my Usenet provider.
14
15 Possible, but the connection between them and you may not. I need to keep
16 some of my mails locally, not stored at an online service - as the server
17 is already there and set up, it makes sense to use it for everything. For
18 me, using an email-to-usenet gateway would actually mean more work.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 Two rights don't make a wrong, they make an airplane.