From: Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Abut smb:// aware tools
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2009 06:05:11
1 Am Freitag 02 Oktober 2009 22:56:31 schrieb Harry Putnam:
2
3 > I'd really like to be able to use UNK addressing from the cmd line.
4 >
5 > cd //host/share
6 > You can do `cd //linux-host/share' in a bash terminal
7
8 You can do it on Linux, too. Use the kernel automounter and set it up to mount
9 shares under /net/<hostname>. (Hmm, isn't that the default anyway?)
10
11 > Konqueror can do it... but I don't run kde, and don't really want to
12 > fiddle with it in that direction.
13
14 No, konq can't do it. It uses KDE kio techniques (incl. smb, fish, ftp,
15 audiocd, whatever), but this is KDE only.
16
17 Bye...
18
19 Dirk