From: Vladimir Romanov <blueboar2@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to upgrade postgresql under gentoo
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 11:07:10
1 Yes. You emerge both beta2 and beta3, then run pg_upgrade for beta3,
2 provide BOTH binaries to it, it converts the base. Then you can delete
3 beta2.
4
5 2014-11-10 16:04 GMT+05:00 <covici@××××××××××.com>:
6
7 > Hi. I have a puzzle regarding upgrading postgresql. In my recent world
8 > update I went from 9.4_beta2 to beta3, but when I tried to start the
9 > server, it complained that the databases were written with a different
10 > "catalog version" -- whatever that is, and the pg_upgrade tool requires
11 > both old and new binaries to actually upgrade the database. So as a
12 > temporary measure, I went back to beta2 and things worked again. So
13 > what the heck are you supposed to do here, I like pg, but this is very
14 > strange to me.
15 >
16 > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
17 >
18 > --
19 > Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
20 > How do
21 > you spend it?
22 >
23 > John Covici