From: Aniruddha <mailing_list@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: anti-portage wreckage?
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 20:19:59
1 I totally agree to neil's assessment. Mike certainly has point that
2 Debian is more mature in some aspects (is has been around since '93).
3 That being said it is lacking so much in other departments that for me
4 it is no serious alternative to Gentoo (difficulty installing source
5 packages not in the apt repositories, inferior security support in
6 comparison to Gentoo to name a few).
7
8 I really believe we should give Gentoo some time to evolve (Gentoo was
9 first released in 2002) In time gentoo will become more mature and
10 better fit to our needs. In order to achieve this however we all need to
11 put an effort into making Gentoo the best distro available. So please
12 stop talking and get moving. Open a thread, mobilize people, contact
13 aforementioned Gentoo businesses. _Contribute_ in any way possible to
14 realize the features you envision.
18 > On 12/31/06, *Neil Walker* <neil@×××××××.nu <mailto:neil@×××××××.nu>>