From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Thanks to the user community
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 01:02:32
1 On 7/28/07, Albert Hopkins <marduk@g.o> wrote:
2 > While we're on the subject...
3 >
4 > I'd like to the free software user community. Free software would be
5 > meaningless without you. I especially appreciate the users who have
6 >
7 > * Used free software.
8 > * Submitted bug reports, ideas, corrections, artwork,
9 > documentation, translations, etc.
10 > * Helped your fellow user and guided new users
11 > * Provided free marketing for free software (i.e. spread the
12 > "word")
13 > * Challenged free software to do better
14 > * Assured free software developers that they were not doing it for
15 > naught
16 >
17 > And remember: every free software developer is also a free software
18 > user. Thank you all for making the free software community the
19 > strongest, most dynamic and exciting "virtual" community to be a part
20 > of.
21 >
22 > But seriously, shouldn't we be waiting until November to say this? ;-)
23 > --
24 > Albert W. Hopkins
25 >
26 > --
27 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
30 s/like to the free/like to thank the free/
31
32 *hides in his bad nazi corner* ^^;
33
34 Its a big mutual thing. Devs give us good stuff to play with for free
35 and we return the favour. Its one those cyclic dependancys... except
36 this one doesn't suck :D
37
38 Besides, ... there is not a real 'non-free-software-community' ... at
39 least in my opinon, and if there is, it totally sucks ;). The rest
40 goes without saying when you take that into consideration.( Ie: any
41 software community which fails to perform the above suggested tasks
42 IMO, is a dead one )
47 Kent
48 ruby -e '[1, 2, 4, 7, 0, 9, 5, 8, 3, 10, 11, 6, 12, 13].each{|x|
49 print "enNOSPicAMreil kdrtf@×××.com"[(2*x)..(2*x+1)]}'
50 --
51 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list