From: Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] For the benefit of John Laremore
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 02:58:13
1 On 5/30/06, Teresa and Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Richard Fish wrote:
3 >
4 > > On 5/30/06, Teresa and Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com> wrote:
5 > >
6 > >> I was wondering about that. I have noticed that others do that
7 > >> sometimes too. That made me wonder about his too.
10 > > I'm a gmail user, even though my address isn't a @gmail.com. I would
11 > > definitely appreciate it if you let me know if you see this from any
12 > > of my postings.
13 > >
14 > > BTW, I only see one of Daniel's email, even though it clearly shows up
15 > > 5 times in the archives. Maybe gmail is filtering their own mistakes?
16 > >
17 > > -Richard
20 > Someone was explaining this a while back but it went over my head
21 > completely. It happens a lot and some email programs, since they have
22 > the same ID thing, will filter them out. Anybody else know why they do
23 > this that can explain it for us little minons?
24 >
25 > Dale
26 > :-)
29 I didn't understand why the "hit 5 times button" stuff on me. So,
30 checked gmail, and voilá, like someone said, its "filtering its own
31 mistakes". Its clearly a problem with gmail, and now I'm concerned
32 that most of my emails may have this problems. But, as someone also
33 clearly posted, they are all the exact same message, I guess gmail
34 just assumed a mistake when sending and retried it till get a success
35 confirmation (wich occured by the fifth message). I'm sorry for that,
36 but as clearly stated, it was not my fault.
37
38 Maybe something regarding my proxy at work, because this was the first
39 time I posted from work... Dunno. Anyway, I'm sorry again. But you
40 Iain Buchanan, I won't forgive you! :-) At least till your mail client
41 do something stupid *lol*
42
43 Please let me now if this happens again, and I'll post a warning both
44 to the Gmail Team and to the administrator of my proxy server.
45
46 Thanks,
49 Daniel da Veiga
50 Computer Operator - RS - Brazil