From: "Sven Köhler" <skoehler@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: 2006.1 installation fails on intels 965 chipset based moderboard
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 00:48:58
1 > I got a core duo machine with an intel motherboard with the 965 chip
2 > set. There is a sata HD and ide DVD. The installation disk fails to
3 > boot since the jernel does not recognize the dvd. I tried the following
4 > bios configurations:
5 > * switch between ahci and ide
6 > * switch between legacy and advanced (native) mode
7 > * boot with "gentoo apic=off"
8 > Nothing worked.
9 > If I understood right, only 2.6.18 kernel would fully support ICH8, and
10 > that the 965 chipset douse not support AC'97 sound. Is there a way to do
11 > a functional installation of gentoo on this system?
12
13 More details please. Which motherboard, what kind of harddisk, does
14 Knoppix boot? What's the output of lspci and so on ...