From: millerhe1@×××××××.net
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: 2006.1 installation fails on intels 965 chipsetbased moderboard
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 01:33:22
1 Not sure of all the outputs requested but knoppix has a really good hardware detection system
2 Once up and running you could do the alternate install discribed in the docs.
3 Sent via BlackBerry from Cingular Wireless
4
5 -----Original Message-----
6 From: Sven Köhler <skoehler@×××.de>
7 Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 02:42:29
8 To:gentoo-user@l.g.o
9 Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: 2006.1 installation fails on intels 965 chipset
10 based moderboard
11
12 > I got a core duo machine with an intel motherboard with the 965 chip
13 > set. There is a sata HD and ide DVD. The installation disk fails to
14 > boot since the jernel does not recognize the dvd. I tried the following
15 > bios configurations:
16 > * switch between ahci and ide
17 > * switch between legacy and advanced (native) mode
18 > * boot with "gentoo apic=off"
19 > Nothing worked.
20 > If I understood right, only 2.6.18 kernel would fully support ICH8, and
21 > that the 965 chipset douse not support AC'97 sound. Is there a way to do
22 > a functional installation of gentoo on this system?
23
24 More details please. Which motherboard, what kind of harddisk, does
25 Knoppix boot? What's the output of lspci and so on ...
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list