From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] going from systemd to udev
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 02:01:05
1 On 02/04/14 19:33, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
2
3 [snip]
4 > >> emerge -pv gnome-base/gvfs
5 > >>
6 > >> If you have the gdu USE flag enabled, I recommend switching to
7 > udisks.
8 > >> It's possible that it will fix everything, but I have never used
9 > Xfce,
10 > >> so I'm not certain.
13 > > Do I need to put flag: systemd in make.conf file: USE="...
14 > > to enable it globally?
15 >
16 > Supposedly, you should enable local flags per package in
17 > /etc/portage/package.use, but many does put it on make.conf.
18 >
19 > Either way, if you are using systemd, you *should* set the systemd USE
20 > flag on everything, otherwise the package in question will try to use
21 > the non-systemd implementation (if any), and that will (almost surely)
22 > fail under systemd.
23 >
24 > Regards.
25
26 After enable "systemd" flag in make.conf USE=
27 the following packages were rebuild:
28 sys-apps/busybox
29 sys-apps/dbus
30 sys-auth/pambase
31 sys-auth/polkit
32 sys-fs/udisks
33 sys-power/upower
34 gnome-base/gvfs
35
36 But now I have a BIG problem, I can not mount USB stick at all as user (only as root).
37 Eject doesn't work either.
40 Joseph