From: Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't get a DVD to burn.
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 10:06:27
1 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > > growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/dvd=/path/to/file.iso
4 > >
5 > > At least you'll have a better idea where the problem lies.
9 > Could I just get rid of one of the programs or are they all part of the
10 > same package? I suspect a mismatch of package versions which is why I
11 > went unstable with k3b and cdrtools.
12
13 First, in the original mail I could not see any indication for a problem.
14
15 Second, k3b did only use mkisofs from cdrtools but not cdrecord to write to the
16 medium.
17
18 In order to be able to discuss a problem, it needs to be described.
19
20 So where is the problem?
21
22 Is the filesystem structure of the result wrong? In this case it may be a k3b
23 or a user fault.
24
25 Is the resulting media not written to or not readable? In this case, we would
26 need to get an error message related to writing to the media....
29 Jörg
32 EMail:joerg@××××××××××××××××××××××××.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
33 js@××××××××××××.de (uni)
34 joerg.schilling@××××××××××××××××.de (work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/