From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Systemd upower
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2014 23:27:46
1 On Wed, 04 Jun 2014 19:15:22 -0400, Dutch Ingraham wrote:
2
3 > I suppose its now time for an uninstall. Kind of disappointing; we are
4 > told Gentoo is about choices, and in fact that's true. I made the
5 > choice to use a pure openRC system. The last 7 hours of free time,
6 > though, was spent trying, and ultimately failing, to correct a problem
7 > not chosen, not wanted, and not invited.
8
9 ...and not of Gentoo's doing. You are trying to blame Gentoo for a
10 problem arising from an overlay. A more productive use of your time would
11 be to inform the overlay's maintainers about your problem and request a
12 fix, which may well be a simple ebuild tweak.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 ...and that is how we know the Earth to be banana-shaped.