From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Systemd upower
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2014 09:48:49
1 On Thu, 5 Jun 2014 00:27:28 +0100
2 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > On Wed, 04 Jun 2014 19:15:22 -0400, Dutch Ingraham wrote:
5 >
6 > > I suppose its now time for an uninstall. Kind of disappointing; we
7 > > are told Gentoo is about choices, and in fact that's true. I made
8 > > the choice to use a pure openRC system. The last 7 hours of free
9 > > time, though, was spent trying, and ultimately failing, to correct
10 > > a problem not chosen, not wanted, and not invited.
11 >
12 > ...and not of Gentoo's doing. You are trying to blame Gentoo for a
13 > problem arising from an overlay. A more productive use of your time
14 > would be to inform the overlay's maintainers about your problem and
15 > request a fix, which may well be a simple ebuild tweak.
16
17 It has been fixed two days ago; so, Ingraham needs to sync the overlay:
18
19 https://github.com/Sabayon/mate-overlay/commit/0e4acf73e81083d87d43e2a0b0be2b959f1e6a78
20
21 A news item was put out that it was being migrated to the Portage tree:
22
23 https://github.com/Sabayon/mate-overlay/blob/master/metadata/news/2014-02-21-portage-import/2014-02-21-portage-import.en.txt
24
25 And they are now planning to retire the overlay to make people switch:
26
27 https://github.com/Sabayon/mate-overlay/issues/76
30 With kind regards,
31
32 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
33 Gentoo Developer
34
35 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
36 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
37 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D