From: Jan Seeger <jan.seeger@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo on Centrino 2 -- Have to wait?
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2008 18:06:50
1 Paul Hartman schrieb:
2 >> Is the network card in this laptop (an Intel 82567LM Gigabit network
3 >> controller) supported in the newest linux kernel or will I have to wait?
4 >>
5 >> If it is supported, how would I go about booting with a newer kernel?
6 >> <snip>
7 >>
8 > Alternatively, there should be a linux driver for your ethernet
9 > controller on Intel's site. If you can download it on another machine
10 > and copy it to your new one, maybe you can compile & load the module
11 > during the installation
12 I have downloaded the intel network driver and saved it on my usb
13 thumbdrive. The problem is that I
14 need a LiveCD with the kernel sources and gcc to compile the network
15 driver for the kernel.
16
17 I do have another linux machine here, but it's currently only accessible
18 via ssh (no graphics). Would that help me somehow?
19
20 Regards,
21 Jan Seeger