From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Setting up a home router
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 09:31:37
1 > I've been holding back on replying for a while now, but I think you
2 > should try a simple iptables setup like this one:
3
4 Excuse me, but my problem is not that my tables are not working, they
5 work very well. I applied forwarding and masquerading, also a basic
6 set of filtering rules which block all access from outside.
7
8 My problem is that these rules i hqave defined are somehow overwritten
9 by the net init script, with some remaining settings from my previous
10 shorewall configuration.
11
12 I compared the tables i had with shorewall with my new settings and
13 the one who are changed by the net init script are looking the same
14 settings i had with shorewall for input forward and output.
15
16 I am sure that i have removed shorewall completely, so i guess
17 shorewall must have altered a file which is used by the init script,
18 so that the old settings are restored everytime i start the net
19 init.script.
20 Does anybody has a clue?
21
22 Regards,