From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Setting up a home router
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 10:51:08
1 On 18 January 2007 11:25, Daniel Pielmeier wrote:
2 > > I've been holding back on replying for a while now, but I think you
3 > > should try a simple iptables setup like this one:
4 >
5 > Excuse me, but my problem is not that my tables are not working, they
6 > work very well. I applied forwarding and masquerading, also a basic
7 > set of filtering rules which block all access from outside.
8 >
9 > My problem is that these rules i hqave defined are somehow overwritten
10 > by the net init script, with some remaining settings from my previous
11 > shorewall configuration.
12 >
13 > I compared the tables i had with shorewall with my new settings and
14 > the one who are changed by the net init script are looking the same
15 > settings i had with shorewall for input forward and output.
16 >
17 > I am sure that i have removed shorewall completely, so i guess
18 > shorewall must have altered a file which is used by the init script,
19 > so that the old settings are restored everytime i start the net
20 > init.script.
21 > Does anybody has a clue?
22
23 If you really removed shorewall from your runlevel (rc-update del shorewall
24 default) try this:
25 rm /var/lib/iptables/rules-save
26
27 Uwe
30 A fast and easy generator of fractals for KDE:
31 http://www.SysEx.com.na/iwy-1.0.tar.bz2
32 Proof of concept of a TSP solver for KDE:
33 http://www.SysEx.com.na/epat-0.1.tar.bz2
34 --
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list