From: Paul Varner <fuzzyray@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Collecting USE variables
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 20:30:54
1 On Fri, 2005-10-14 at 13:15 -0700, Manuel McLure wrote:
2 > One question for those with more USE flag-fu than I have - does the
3 > default set of USE flags depend on the packages that have been installed
4 > into world? It seems to me that at some point I have installed a package
5 > (for example postgresql) and suddenly found that the next "emerge
6 > --newuse world" spits out a list of packages it will rebuild with a new
7 > flag.
8
9 That would be use.defaults, which I personally think is evil. The idea
10 behind it is if you install a package, then you want to turn on the
11 corresponding USE flag. All of the current definitions can be found in
12 $PORTDIR/profiles/base/use.defaults It contains a list of USE flags
13 followed by the package that automatically turns that flag on.
14
15 Regards,
16 Paul
17 --