From: Manuel McLure <manuel@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Collecting USE variables
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 20:19:37
1 Holly Bostick wrote:
2 > You could edit /etc/make.profile if you liked, I suppose, but Portage
3 > will update it at one or more various points anyway, and then where are you?
4
5 One question for those with more USE flag-fu than I have - does the
6 default set of USE flags depend on the packages that have been installed
7 into world? It seems to me that at some point I have installed a package
8 (for example postgresql) and suddenly found that the next "emerge
9 --newuse world" spits out a list of packages it will rebuild with a new
10 flag.
13 Manuel A. McLure KE6TAW <manuel@××××××.org> <http://www.mclure.org>
14 ...for in Ulthar, according to an ancient and significant law,
15 no man may kill a cat. -- H.P. Lovecraft
16 --
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list