From: Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Collecting USE variables
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 20:34:13
1 I keep control of my USE flags, lets say, "manually". Of course, at
2 install time you get a couple of defaults just to make sure you don't
3 miss anything crucial. After that, every package goes trough an emerge
4 -pv, its USE flags set at packages.use, I compile it. Of course, its
5 tedious, its slow, but it gives me full control over my system, and I
6 feel good with all the customized settings.
7
8 Eventually a good flag goes to make.conf, but that's rare, most of
9 them are specific for some packages.
10