From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Winter clock change did not happen
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 13:23:45
1 On 2010-10-31, Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.EDU> wrote:
2
3 > Or just cheat like I do. I set Windows to GMT with no daylight saving
4 > offset, so it won't be tempted into playing with my system clock.
5 > Gentoo thinks CLOCK="UTC". I don't boot into Windows often enough to
6 > care about the clock being off by an hour during the summer (or
7 > roughly 5 hours year-round when I move back to the States). Having
8 > long accepted that Operating System is broken, when should I demand
9 > it to keep the right time? ;)
10
11 That's always been my solution. On my newest laptop, I just gave up
12 on windows and erased Vista completely. On the occasions I need to do
13 stuff like income tax, I think I'm going to run MacOS. Don't tell
14 Steve Jobs.
17 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I'm not an Iranian!!
18 at I voted for Dianne
19 gmail.com Feinstein!!