From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: modules in use
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2008 14:55:15
1 »Q« <boxcars@×××.net> writes:
2
3 > I see the same kind of thing, using alsa instead of oss. But Whatever
4 > the 0's mean, the output of lsmod won't be enough to help the OP, who
5 > really wants to be able to tell what modules are *needed*.
6 >
7 > $ lsmod | grep iwl
8 > iwl4965 185000 0
9 > mac80211 112076 1 iwl4965
10 >
11 > It's certainly possible that my wireless driver is not being used by
12 > anything at any given microsecond, but this post won't get off my
13 > computer without that driver being used.
14
15 I see something in lsmod that really is confusing:
16 lsmod
17 Module Size Used by
18 [...]
19 ipv6 220812 16
20 [...]
21
22 And I have ipv6 set negative (-ipv6) in /make.conf
23 So very unlikely anything but other non-used modules make up the 16.