From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hardening a laptop for travel
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 19:26:13
1 On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 15:58:02 -0800
2 Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > I don't know, now that I've set up shorewall on my router it seems
5 > like a simple matter to set it up on another machine. I should only
6 > need to edit a few config files with very light additions.
7 >
8 > - Grant
9
10 Either way you go, I wouldn't think it would take very long for you to
11 get a firewall up and running. I personally use iptables manually
12 because I think it's easier than using shorewall to automatically
13 congfigure it. But more abstraction _should_ make it easier, although
14 things don't always work out like that.
15 --
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list