From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] One machine sends "emerge" text output to stderr, not stdout
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 11:22:06
1 On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 19:20:25 -0500, Walter Dnes wrote:
2
3 > Because I don't want a repeat of the ipv6 fiasco where I had an almost
4 > non-functional browser, mediaplayer (for internet files), etc, etc.
5
6 Hardly non-functional - desperately slow maybe but far from
7 non-functional. Blaming the devs for your broken modem/router is rather
8 unfair. If you'd known it was unable to handle IPv6 correctly, why didn't
9 you set the flag accordingly? If you didn't know, HTH were the devs
10 supposed to know?
11
12 Bear in mind the current thread discussing Gentoo following upstream
13 closely and setting suitable defaults. Upstream include IPv6 support,
14 Gentoo provides an option to turn this off, you missed it. That's a very
15 poor performance for a control freak (speaking from a personal
16 perspective).
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 A man wrapped up in himself makes a very small package.