From: David Corbin <gentoo.org@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Beep holding Shift
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 16:46:28
1 On Sunday 24 July 2005 08:58 am, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
2 > David Corbin wrote:
3 > > On Saturday 23 July 2005 10:11 pm, Michal Pronay wrote:
4 > > > Sound like accessibility support to me. Try to take a look in
5 > > > your kde control panel -> Regional & Accessibility ->
6 > > > Accessibility.
7 > >
8 > > Well, that allows me to turn off the System Bell, but I'm curious
9 > > as to why it's beeping in the first place.
10 >
11 > Go to the Keyboard tab there, press Shift-F1, and click on
12 > "Activation gestures". You will see it wasn't Ctrl but Shift that
13 > beeps after 8 seconds. You may want to read the relevant section
14 > in the Help Center.
15
16 You're right of course, it was the Shift key.
17
18 However, my help center documentation doesn't have any information on
19 "Activation Gestures", and worse, even if I uncheck "Use gestures for
20 activating the above features" and APPLY, it still beeps.
21
22 Furthermore, even though I've unchecked "Use System Bell", I get an audible
23 bell and no visible bell (despite having checked that).
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list