From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cups is broken
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 16:14:30
1 On 26 February 2006 17:17, John Blinka wrote:
2 > David Helstroom wrote:
3 > > Hi John,
4 > >
5 > > Just a quick thought - a thought quite possibly well and truly off
6 > > track - could it be related to mime-types? Perhaps the CUPS web server
7 > > has a problem recognising the HTML mime-type and thus is not sending
8 > > them in the appropriate format (and with appropriate HTTP headers)?
9 >
10 > I think you've got it. I did a wget -S http://localhost:631 on both the
11 > affected and
12 > unaffected machines. On the affected machine, wget reported
13 >
14 > Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
15 >
16 > On an unaffected machine, wget reports
17 >
18 > Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
19 >
20 > So, now we know that cupsd is definitely confused on the affected
21 > machine. How to get
22 > it unconfused? I've tried emerge -C cups, then emerge cups, but that
23 > doesn't fix the
24 > problem.
25
26 Does your /etc/mime.types file contain an entry for "text/html"? How does the
27 line look like?
28
29 Uwe
32 Why do consumers keep buying products they will live to curse?
33 --
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list