From: John Blinka <jblinka@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cups is broken
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 15:22:52
1 David Helstroom wrote:
4 > Hi John,
5 >
6 > Just a quick thought - a thought quite possibly well and truly off
7 > track - could it be related to mime-types? Perhaps the CUPS web server
8 > has a problem recognising the HTML mime-type and thus is not sending
9 > them in the appropriate format (and with appropriate HTTP headers)?
10
11 I think you've got it. I did a wget -S http://localhost:631 on both the
12 affected and
13 unaffected machines. On the affected machine, wget reported
14
15 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
16
17 On an unaffected machine, wget reports
18
19 Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
20
21 So, now we know that cupsd is definitely confused on the affected
22 machine. How to get
23 it unconfused? I've tried emerge -C cups, then emerge cups, but that
24 doesn't fix the
25 problem.
26
27 John