From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: ncurses: reductio ad absurdum
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 22:34:57
1 150828 Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > To really appreciate git you should understand git objects
3 > and their references, what a commit, tree, and blob are.
4 > Also, the whole copy-on-write concept and content-hashing concept.
5 > I used to think git looked really complicated until I sat
6 > through a 1 hr talk that focused mostly on the data model.
7 > Once you understand the data model, you understand everything.
8 > That doesn't take a lot of time. It does take a moderate amount of time
9 > learning the right things. They're not found in the manpages.
10 > Like I said, beautiful design, horrible interface.
11
12 So is there a Gentoo doc -- Wiki, presumably --
13 explaining to users -- users, not dev's or Git addicts --
14 the essentials of Git, so that they can readily update using it ?
15 If so, I'm willing to see if I can use it ;
16 if not, I would suggest it sb a top priority for dev's to write.
20 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
21 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
22 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca