From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT?] What's going on with X.org?
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 10:37:12
1 Hey, all--
2
3 I just did an esync and I have a *huge* number of X.org-related masked
4 packages-- from a whole lot of 'Prototype headers', to fonts, libraries,
5 and drivers.
6
7 Clearly there's big changes a-coming. Oh, I see-- this is modular X.org,
8 I guess.
9
10 Does anyone know where there might be a summary of what this means to a
11 user generally, or a Gentoo user specifically? The information on the
12 freedesktop site is more targeted at developers, which doesn't so much
13 help me, especially since I've got 'special circumstances' (that bloody
14 ATI card).
15
16 I'd really like to know what to expect as this migration propagates down
17 to me... before it does.
18
19 Holly
20 --