From: Arnau Bria <arnaubria@×××.es>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] mysql error
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 10:58:01
1 Hi,
2
3 After a power cut my server did not start again. I had to boot with a
4 livecd, do a fsck in my / partion (which removed some orphan inodes)
5 and reinstall grub in my MBR.
6
7 After all, I'm able to boot, and all my services are running
8 again, all except mysql.
9
10 This is what I see in my mysqld.err log:
11
12 070208 11:26:17 [Warning] No argument was provided to --log-bin, and --log-bin-index was not used; so replication may break when this MySQL server acts as a master and has his hostname changed!! Please use '--log-bin=afrodita-bin' to avoid this problem.
13 mysqld got signal 4;
14 This could be because you hit a bug. It is also possible that this binary
15 or one of the libraries it was linked against is corrupt, improperly built,
16 or misconfigured. This error can also be caused by malfunctioning hardware.
17 We will try our best to scrape up some info that will hopefully help diagnose
18 the problem, but since we have already crashed, something is definitely wrong
19 and this may fail.
20
21 ****I think I can ignore this********
22
23 key_buffer_size=0
24 read_buffer_size=258048
25 max_used_connections=0
26 max_connections=100
27 threads_connected=0
28 It is possible that mysqld could use up to
29 key_buffer_size + (read_buffer_size + sort_buffer_size)*max_connections = 76399 K
30 bytes of memory
31 Hope that's ok; if not, decrease some variables in the equation.
32
33 thd=(nil)
34 Attempting backtrace. You can use the following information to find out
35 where mysqld died. If you see no messages after this, something went
36 terribly wrong...
37 Cannot determine thread, fp=0xb690808d, backtrace may not be correct.
38 Bogus stack limit or frame pointer, fp=0xb690808d, stack_bottom=0xbfcb0000, thread_stack=196608, aborting backtrace.
39 The manual page at http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Crashing.html contains
40 information that should help you find out what is causing the crash.
41
42 *****WTH!!!!******
43
44 I have done this:
45
46 myisamchk --silent --force */*.MYI
47 from http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/crashing.html and I think
48 tables are fine (I have copied them into a new mysql and I can browse
49 content)
50
51 I have recompiled mysql, but I think this is not enough...
52
53 What else may I do to recover y mysql? Do I have to recompile all its
54 dependencies? How? Maybe a emerge --emptytree world/system?
55
56 TIA,
57 Arnau
58 --