From: Ryan Sims <rwsims@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] amd64 install from x86 livecd?
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 03:31:20
1 On 10/1/06, Bo Ørsted Andresen <bo.andresen@××××.dk> wrote:
2 > On Monday 02 October 2006 00:07, Ryan Sims wrote:
3 > > There are a couple liveCDs in the forums for booting boards with the
4 > > tricky JMicron goodness, but the one that seems to have the best shot
5 > > at booting correctly is an x86-based livecd. If I boot from that, use
6 > > it to setup my partitions and so on, but use an amd64 stage from the
7 > > internet, will I be able to complete an amd64 install? Or will things
8 > > get too confused to compile?
9 >
10 > A 32 bit kernel cannot run 64 bit code. Use an amd64-based livecd instead.
11 >
12 > --
13 > Bo Andresen
14
15 [forehead smack]
16
17 Bloody hell. And if I'd've been thinking straight, that would've
18 occured to me. Mea culpa.
21 Ryan W Sims
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list