From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] amd64 install from x86 livecd?
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 22:29:10
1 On Monday 02 October 2006 00:07, Ryan Sims wrote:
2 > There are a couple liveCDs in the forums for booting boards with the
3 > tricky JMicron goodness, but the one that seems to have the best shot
4 > at booting correctly is an x86-based livecd. If I boot from that, use
5 > it to setup my partitions and so on, but use an amd64 stage from the
6 > internet, will I be able to complete an amd64 install? Or will things
7 > get too confused to compile?
8
9 A 32 bit kernel cannot run 64 bit code. Use an amd64-based livecd instead.
12 Bo Andresen