From: Heiko Baums <lists@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] having problems getting burned cds to work
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 07:33:16
1 Am 26.05.2015 um 09:04 schrieb covici@××××××××××.com:
2 > OK, I have a bit more info, I managed to burn the CD on another box and
3 > when I tried to mount it using this drive, it gave me in the logs
4 > May 26 02:41:59 ccs.covici.com kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev sr0,
5 > sector 942680
6 > May 26 02:41:59 ccs.covici.com kernel: Buffer I/O error on device sr0,
7 > logical block 117835
8 > May 26 02:42:00 ccs.covici.com kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev sr0,
9 > sector 942680
10 > May 26 02:42:00 ccs.covici.com kernel: Buffer I/O error on device sr0,
11 > logical block 117835
12 > but it did mount successfully! and I did a diff against the same iso
13 > mounted via -o loop and there were no differences.
14
15 There are several possibilities which come to my mind.
16
17 Regardless of whether the image can be loop mounted or not, have you
18 tried to download it again - maybe from another mirror - or have you
19 checked the MD5 or SHAxxx checksums of the downloaded iso? Maybe the
20 file is corrupt.
21
22 Have you tried to burn it onto another blank DVD from a different
23 manufacturer? Maybe your blank DVDs don't work well together with your
24 DVD writer.
25
26 Have you checked that you have built every necessary kernel module?
27 Maybe your missing one like the mentioned UDF module or a hardware
28 (drive/bus) related module.
29
30 I guess with "this drive" you mean the drive in the other box? Otherwise
31 the drive could be faulty.
32
33 Have you checked the cables?
34
35 Or in case of a bug in cdrecord, have you tried to downgrade cdrtools?