From: "Jesús J. Guerrero Botella" <jesus.guerrero.botella@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] My X11 mouse icons have acquired unwanted borders. Help!
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 22:19:15
1 2011/10/16 Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de>:
2 > On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 03:41:32PM +0200, Jesús J. Guerrero Botella wrote:
3 >> 2011/10/16 Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de>:
4
5 Your doubts come to an end. radeonhd is dead, completely, unless some
6 necromancy has happened secretly in the last months. You should by all
7 means be using radeon, not radeonhd. But don't take my word for it,
8 just read their home page:
9
10 http://www.x.org/wiki/radeonhd
11
12 > Not quite sure what you mean here.  Do you mean my VIDEO_CARDS?  Other
13 > than that, I've got two binary blobs in my kernel, radeon/R600_rlc.bin
14 > and radeon/R700_rlc.bin.  (Again, I'm not sure which is the correct one.)
15
16 That's firmware, other than having it installed, you don't need to
17 worry about that. Your driver will be picked by X if you don't have an
18 Xorg.conf file. I am not sure what the order of precedence is when
19 looking for drivers, but I'd expect radeon to take over radeonhd. Your
20 log file (usually at /var/log/Xorg.0.log) should clear everything up.
21
22 But before continuing this way, please, read the other mail I just
23 sent as response to Nikos above. Maybe all you need is to find how to
24 set the mouse pointer theme. Did you try changing it? Since I didn't
25 see your problem myself I have no idea if there's something unusual in
26 the way that X is displaying your pointer or if it's just that you
27 don't like the look of it.
31 Jesús Guerrero Botella