From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LibreOffice + GLib-GIO:ERROR:gdbusconnection.c:2279:initable_init: assertion failed
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 09:12:26
1 On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 22:49:24 -0600, Carlos Sura wrote:
2
3 > When I try to run LibreOffice as normal user, I can see the splash (of
4 > libreoffice) but nothing more... Cannot use any libreoffice
5 > application, it just don't work, fas as I can see is the libreoffice
6 > splash. No errors (as normal user), after the libreoffice splash it
7 > closes.
8
9 You are creating an extra error, that occurs before the point it was
10 previously failing, when you ru it as root. This error is useless and
11 basically translates to "Don't run me as root in a user session". The
12 error is there because there is no DBus session set up for root.
13
14 The frist step is to try rebuilding LO. Revdep-rebuild may not have shown
15 a problem, but since this occurred after a world update, that could still
16 be the cause.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant.