From: Carlos Sura <carlos.sura1@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LibreOffice + GLib-GIO:ERROR:gdbusconnection.c:2279:initable_init: assertion failed
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 04:50:57
1 On 11 April 2011 22:23, Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> wrote:
2
3 > 110411 Carlos Sura wrote:
4 > > I cannot use LibreOffice, when I try as root, got this message:
5 > > *"GLib-GIO:ERROR:gdbusconnection.c:2279:initable_init:
6 > > assertion failed: (connection->initialization_error == NULL)"*
7 > > I have tried: revdep-rebuild and re emerging: glibc glibmm
8 >
9 > First & usually best bet, enter the error msg in Google.
10 > When I did that just now I got :
11 >
12 > https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=837847
13 > http://fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1423295
14 > http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-bugs/2011-02/msg03139.html
15 >
16 > These suggest that the problem described above is caused
17 > by trying to run a GUI app as root, which is never a good idea anyway,
18 > so that's not your real problem.
21 > & hopefully someone wb able to help you make progress.
22 >
23 > --
24 > ========================,,============================================
25 > SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
26 > ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
27 > TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca
32 Hello Philip Webb,
33
34 Thank you for answer me, I know it is not good to run applications as root,
35 but I tried to see error logs.
36
37 When I try to run LibreOffice as normal user, I can see the splash (of
38 libreoffice) but nothing more... Cannot use any libreoffice application, it
39 just don't work, fas as I can see is the libreoffice splash. No errors (as
40 normal user), after the libreoffice splash it closes.
41
42 By the way, I've already checked Google, and none of those are my problem,
43 it just happen with LibreOffice, after a world update.
44 --
45 Carlos Sura.-