From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Dolphin peculiarities with plasma5
Date: Sun, 29 May 2016 18:47:00
1 On Sunday 29 May 2016 16:58:29 Mick wrote:
2 > On Monday 30 May 2016 01:09:26 Michael Palimaka wrote:
3 > > On 29/05/16 23:42, Mick wrote:
4 > > > Following the latest round of KDE updates I noticed two undesirable
5 > > > effects
6 > > > and I would be grateful if you could point me to a way of reverting them
8 > > > their old behaviour:
9 > > >
10 > > > 1. Konqueror is no longer integrated with dolphin as a file manager.
11 > > > When
12 > > > I click on Konqueror's Home Folder on its introductory page, a new
13 > > > window
14 > > > is launched with Dolphin.
15 > >
16 > > I believe this is due to latest Konqueror being KDE4-based and latest
17 > > Dolphin (and therefore dolphinpart) being KF5-based. As a workaround,
18 > > try downgrading Dolphin to 4.14.3-r1.
19 > >
20 > > > 2. Dolphin now requires a double click to open directories. Where can I
21 > > > set this to a single click? I've looked in dolphin Preferences and
22 > > > systemsettings5 but I can't find where to change it to a single click
23 > > > operation.
24 > >
25 > > Try System Settings -> Input Devices -> Mouse -> Single-click to open
26 > > files and folders.
27 >
28 > Thank you Michael, I already had this setting enabled. Clicking on the
29 > arrow at the left of the directory expands the contents of the tree, but to
30 > get into it, to descend into that level on the filesystem, you have to
31 > double click on the directory itself.
32 >
33 > Similarly, files do not open unless I double-click on them. :-/
34
35 I've noticed that 'emerge --depclean' removed kde-apps/kdebase-kioslaves and
36 revdep-rebuild didn't bring anything else in (yet). Could this be why
37 konqueror-dolphin integration is borked?
40 Regards,
41 Mick