From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Dolphin peculiarities with plasma5
Date: Sun, 29 May 2016 15:59:01
1 On Monday 30 May 2016 01:09:26 Michael Palimaka wrote:
2 > On 29/05/16 23:42, Mick wrote:
3 > > Following the latest round of KDE updates I noticed two undesirable
4 > > effects
5 > > and I would be grateful if you could point me to a way of reverting them
7 > > their old behaviour:
8 > >
9 > > 1. Konqueror is no longer integrated with dolphin as a file manager. When
10 > > I click on Konqueror's Home Folder on its introductory page, a new window
11 > > is launched with Dolphin.
12 >
13 > I believe this is due to latest Konqueror being KDE4-based and latest
14 > Dolphin (and therefore dolphinpart) being KF5-based. As a workaround,
15 > try downgrading Dolphin to 4.14.3-r1.
16 >
17 > > 2. Dolphin now requires a double click to open directories. Where can I
18 > > set this to a single click? I've looked in dolphin Preferences and
19 > > systemsettings5 but I can't find where to change it to a single click
20 > > operation.
21 >
22 > Try System Settings -> Input Devices -> Mouse -> Single-click to open
23 > files and folders.
24
25 Thank you Michael, I already had this setting enabled. Clicking on the arrow
26 at the left of the directory expands the contents of the tree, but to get into
27 it, to descend into that level on the filesystem, you have to double click on
28 the directory itself.
29
30 Similarly, files do not open unless I double-click on them. :-/
33 Regards,
34 Mick