From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [was cross-compile attempt] 32bit chroot
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2016 14:33:31
1 On Tue, 02 Aug 2016 10:22:09 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > > No, I was missing the *whole* of the 32bit fs /lib directory. O_O
4 >
5 > Oops. I wasn't going to own up to this, but a week or two ago I managed
6 > to wipe out my entire /lib64 directory with some careless
7 > copy-and-pasting. I couldn't even shut the machine down and had to pull
8 > the plug.
9
10 I recently had a package giving problems, I couldn't downgrade through
11 portage because the old version was gone, but I still had a binary
12 package so I untarred it into /.
13
14 It replaced my /lib symlink with a directory containing just the one file
15 from that package. Then I started wondering why virtually nothing worked :(
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 Bus: (n.) a connector you plug money into, something like a slot machine.