From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [was cross-compile attempt] 32bit chroot
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2016 09:22:26
1 On Monday 01 Aug 2016 18:57:53 Mick wrote:
2 > On Monday 01 Aug 2016 17:32:58 Mick wrote:
3
4 --->8
5
6 > > Am I missing something in the amd64 kernel to be able to execute 32bit
7 > > code?
8 > No, I was missing the *whole* of the 32bit fs /lib directory. O_O
9
10 Oops. I wasn't going to own up to this, but a week or two ago I managed to
11 wipe out my entire /lib64 directory with some careless copy-and-pasting. I
12 couldn't even shut the machine down and had to pull the plug.
13
14 I wouldn't have minded so much but I'd only just finished building the
15 system on the plasma profile and hadn't yet backed it up. It took me over a
16 week to get established again, what with the current fragility of the whole
17 plasma system.
18
19 :(
22 Rgds