From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] tried desktop profile
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2020 16:40:31
1 On 13/10/20 16:37, Jude DaShiell wrote:
2 > Since the profile without the desktop emerged @world correctly after the
3 > make.conf file got adjusted correctly for this computer I think all it
4 > will run will be the basic profile. Even if it were possible to emerge
5 > the compiles necessary for a desktop and get the rest of the system built
6 > I'd probably run into difficulties later. I'll do the basic profile on
7 > this machine and maybe do a desktop on the newer machine at some later
8 > date.
9
10 No, you can add any programs you want and it'll just pull in what you need.
11
12 HOWEVER, now you've fixed it for the basic profile, I'd just change that
13 to the desktop profile and re-emerge, and it'll pull in all the new
14 stuff to go to the desktop profile.
15
16 NB - you're still putting your post below the .sig marker. If you can't
17 see clearly, we accept that it's difficult, but it helps us if you can
18 get it right (like with language and foreigners, there's a big
19 difference between people who have difficulty doing the right thing, and
20 people who can't be bothered to do the right thing ...)
21
22 Cheers,
23 Wol