From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: emerge firefox-52.4.0 compile failure
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 05:16:38
1 On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 7:57 PM, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 2017-10-09, R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> On Monday, October 9, 2017, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >>> On 2017-10-09, allan gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu> wrote:
5 >>>
6 >>>> This is a know bug see https://bugs.gentoo.org/633790
7 >>>
8 >>> Yep, that's it. Yet when you search for roundingflags or
9 >>> shapedtextflags in Gentoo's bugzilla, it finds nothing. Has the
10 >>> search feature in Bugzilla ever worked?
11 >>
12 >> It's pretty limited.
13 >
14 > You're being too kind. It's broken. According to the bugzilla web
15 > page, the search includes the summary/description (as one might
16 > expect), but it doesn't actually _do_ that.
19 Well, it successfully searches for substrings.
20
21 >> You might notice developers renaming bugs -
22 >> this is why. They usually include the full package name and version
23 >> in their rename, as well as the exact text from the last or most
24 >> important error encountered.
25 >
26 > Why do people still use bugzilla??
27 >
28 > I've used MantisBT a lot over the past few years, and it seems like it
29 > works much better than bugzilla in many ways. It even has a search
30 > that works! Even Jira was better than bugzilla, and I never liked
31 > Jira much.
32 >
33 > Of course switching from one bug tracking system to another is a
34 > pretty big undertaking...
37 I worked with a project that used Mantis and had a good experience
38 with it. At this point I'm not sure it would be possible to get people
39 to switch.
40
41 There are a few migration scripts:
42 http://www.mantisbt.org/wiki/doku.php/mantisbt:faq.